Meticulously engineered for racing on and off road, Salomon’s innovative and lightweight XA Pro 3D running shoe utilizes a patented 3D chassis technology to keep your foot closer to the ground than ordinary running shoes, resulting in better control without sacrificing comfort. The 3D Advanced Chassis controls lateral shift to help protect your ankles while a progressive lateral flexion gives you the same impact protection and stability found in running shoes with higher and heavier EVA midsoles.
Ergonomic Sensifit™ synthetic straps run from the asymmetrical lacing system on top of the shoe down to the triple density EVA molded midsole. A protective toe cap up front wards off blows from rocks and roots while the patented Running Contagrip™ keeps you periodically in touch with the earth through forefoot flex grooves, innovative braking lugs and an all-conditions racing tread. If you take competition seriously, Salomon’s XA Pro 3D takes you to a new level in control and performance.
Full Specs after the jump
Cost: $99.95 @ Altrec
- Breathable sandwich mesh upper with synthetic reinforcements and gusseted tongue
- Salomon TPU molded Sensifit™ helps cradle foot over an ergonomic EVA midsole for optimum control
- Convenient Quickfit™ lacing system with easy gliding eyelet inserts and lace pocket
- Antimicrobial Ortholite® sock liner with breathable open cell design
- Durable protective toe cap, heel cap and mud guard
- Racing-oriented Advanced Chassis™ design for support and control
- Reliable high traction Running Contagrip™ patented outsole
- Weight: 14.3 oz. (405 g.) per shoe in men’s size 9