“What do you do?”
“I race motorcycles in Europe.” “I ski in the Andes.” “I scuba dive in Panama.”
These are the responses of the author ofThe 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich. The New York Times best seller and critically acclaimed book teaches you ‘how to have it all’ without the effort. Tim Ferriss has spent five years learning the secrets of the New Rich, a fast growing subculture who has abandoned the “deferred-life plan” and instead mastered the new currencies – time and mobility – to create luxury lifestyles in the here and now.
His book teaches you, whether you’re an overworked employee or an entrepenuer trapped in your own business the following:
- How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
- How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
- How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
- How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and freuent “mini-retirements”
- What the crucial difference is between absolute and relative income
- How to train your boss to value performance over presence, or kill your job (or company) if it’s beyond repair
- What automated cash-flow “muses” are and how to create one in 2 to 4 weeks
- How to cultivate selective ignorance&emdash;and create time&emdash;with a low-information diet
- What the management secrets of Remote Control CEOs are
- How to get free housing worldwide and airfare at 50–80% off
- How to fill the void and create a meaningful life after removing work and the office
What this means to you: Minimal work for the maximum lifestyle… sounds worthy of a read… no, definitely worth a read.
Cost: $12 @ Amazon
ADVENTURE IS ONE CLICK AWAY
Subscribe to GP for a daily dose of the best in gear, adventure, design, tech and culture. 5pm sharp.