AT&T Palm Centro
Those of you who’ve been pining for a Palm Centro untethered from Sprint will be glad to know that your GSM precious is here and it’s available in a smooth looking Glacier White.
The Palm Centro from AT&T operates off a next generation version of the Palm OS (5.4.9). It’s a quad band phone with Microsoft Direct Push and Xpress Mail which works with GMail, AOL, Yahoo! and MSN access e-mail in real time. With a Good Mobile messaging application you’re also able to connect to your office’s Blackberry services. Of course, SMS, IM and MMS messaging is available and for those of you with ‘Nextel’ features (read: annoyances), the Palm Centro is Push To Talk enabled.
Full features after the jump.
What this means to you: We’re a little disappointed there’s no integrated GPS, but still glad to see the Centro available on the AT&T network. Now about that GP Orange version…
Cost: $100 w/contract @ AT&T
- Palm OS 5.4.9
- 64 MB of on-board memory with expansion potential of up to 4GB
- 2.2″ high-resolution touch screen and QWERTY keyboard
- Bluetooth v1.2 allows for hands-free convenience
- 3 hours of talk time
- Palm’s more comprehensive smart device for its size at a mere 4.2″L x 2.1″W x .73″H
- Push to Talk capability saves time and simplifies your life by connecting you to colleagues and friends quickly and effortlessly
- TeleNav GPS Navigator™&emdash;Get your bearings with spoken driving directions, full-color moving maps, and location-based service option (requires external Bluetooth GPS receiver)
- Features like AT&T Mall, AT&T Music, XM Radio, and MobiTV® let you download the latest media and ringtones to personalize your life
- Access your mp3s with pTunes music player
- 1.3 megapixel camera