For Full HD Camcorders, Does Size Really Matter?
For manufacturers like Sony, the competition has always been about making cutting-edge technology smaller and lighter. In the race to make the smallest, lightest, AND slimmest full HD camcorder in the world, Sony has beaten everyone to the punch.
Putting the power of 1920x1080i high definition recording in the palm of your hand, it’s hard to believe the HDR-TG1 camcorder comes in at a petite 1.25 x 4.75 x 2.5 inches and a scant weight of less than 10 ounces, battery included. Don’t let it’s minuscule size fool you. The HDR-TG1 is as tough as nails, thanks to its pure titanium body (another world’s first, according to Sony) and scratch-resistant premium hard coating.
You can read the full list of features after the jump.
Bottom Line: Among its competitors in the ultra-compact HD camcorders department, the HDR-TG1 takes the crown by managing to pack powerful video performance into a sleek and stylish design.
Cost: $899 @ Sonystyle.com
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens (43 – 507mm in 16:9 Camera Mode) with 10x optical zoom
- Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization for clearer stills and video
- Face Detection technology powered by the BIONZ image processor that automatically adjusts focus, exposure, and color balance, for both video and photos
- 2.7-inch Clear Photo LCD Plus touchscreen
- 5.1 surround sound recording with zoom mic
- A built-in flash for those intimate low-light situations,
- ..and an HDMI output for a true digital HD experience.
Packed with a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo card, this sleek Handycam can easily accommodate its 16GB counterpart for an hours worth of full HD video or up to 4 hours of high-quality standard definition video.
ADVENTURE IS ONE CLICK AWAY
Subscribe to GP for a daily dose of the best in gear, adventure, design, tech and culture. 5pm sharp.