Many of you have wondered. Many of you have applied. Well, here’s your chance to join the Gear Patrol Crew. A group dedicated to helping others advance themselves and discover the gear they really want and need. At the end of the day, it’s a resource powered by you. We’ll just give you a platform to do your magic.
Whether you think you’ve got the chops, you’re a good writer, or even have your own site (we’ll help you promote yours), we welcome you to join the GP team. We’re looking for men and a few ladies well-versed in these topics:
Style/Grooming, Dating/Sex, Vehicles/Vehicle Gear, Food/Drinks, Travel/Adventure, Tools/Home, Health/Fitness/Nutrition, Editorials/Opinion/Humor, and Personal Finance
Interested in applying or know someone perfect for this? Read how after the jump.
These are the positions we’re adding:
- Contributors (general)
- Correspondents (topic specific)
- Guest Writers (someone with an opinion and knows how to state it)
These are the skills you need:
- You should be comfortable writing well and meeting deadlines.
- You should want to help other men with the infinite wisdom, knowledge, and findings you’ve garnered in your day-to-day life.
- You should be able to help us network Gear Patrol.
- You should like camaraderie, sarcasm, humor, and the internet.
- You should always be on the search.
- You should be at least one of the following: a quality writer, a contributor for another site (we’ll help you promote your site), or a blogger.
This is what you need to do:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- “[your name] – GP Crew” in the subject line.
- Brief explanation of why you’re qualified and what you’ll bring the collective voice of GP.
- Your favorite article on GP.
- A brief writing sample. Suggestion: a 200 word post appropriate to GP on any topic. It can be a product, a tip, some advice, or an opinion.
- A link to your favorite site and a short sentence explaining why.
- Something that’ll surprise us. We like surprises. Just no flaming bags of shit.
Once we’ve receive your application and things are copasetic, we’ll be in touch with details on next steps if you’re qualified. If not, well, we’ll inform you of that too.
Gear Patrol has been sent a lot of applicants since our last open call for crew members. Those of you who’ve applied before should resubmit with these guidelines under consideration. A pain, we know, but unlike college, the fact that you’ve already applied will only help.
ADVENTURE IS ONE CLICK AWAY
Subscribe to GP for a daily dose of the best in gear, adventure, design, tech and culture. 5pm sharp.