From the Sahara to the Adirondacks there’s nothing quite like going on a camping excursion in a Land Rover (substitute Toyota’s Land Cruiser, GM’s Hummer or any Jeep depending on preference). Why mess with a ground tent when you can loft yourself to the roof of your truck? Avoid wet ground, critters, and bears (we hope not) with a Hannibal Rooftop Tent mounted on a Hannibal Rooftop Rack.
Originally designed for South African safaris, hunting and adventures the rooftop rack offers a lot more advantages than something cool to outfit your ride with. The safety advantages, storing and ease are just a few reasons why. Hell, the view alone is worth the price of admission.
What this means to you: This might be the single best justification for wasting so much of your hard earned cash on gas for your SUV. “Oh yeah, you’ve got 300 horsepower? Well, my Rover’s got a patio.”
Full list of features after the jump.
Cost: Rack+Tent $2500 @ Hannibal
- U-zipped windows which fully open for better venting and photography
- U-zipped front and back entrances
- Separately zipped mosquito nets on every opening
- Internal storage pockets
- 70mm high density foam mattress with removable cover
- Spacious hinging to allow for bedding to remain inside when closed
- Flysheet which is extended for better rain and wind protection and raised for shading and coolness
- Detachable aluminum ladder which extends to ground or attaches to front brush guard
- Available in two sizes.
- Polyurethane coated 12mm marine ply base board
- Waterproof, wax impregnated polymide 380g cotton ripstop fabric
- Double stitched, waterproofed seams edged with binding
- Powder coated aluminum tent frame poles
- 3mm stainless steel hinges
- 4mm electro galvanized spring steel flysheet poles
- Lightweight, waterproof 210 denier Oxford nylon flysheet
- Unique internal bungie tensioners to aid in closing
- Lifetime guaranteed inner and outer zips
- Heavy duty, UV stabilized PVC travel cover with welded seams for complete waterproofing
- Travel cover tie down straps to minimize ballooning.
ADVENTURE IS ONE CLICK AWAY
Subscribe to GP for a daily dose of the best in gear, adventure, design, tech and culture. 5pm sharp.