Empower Your Holiday Weekend, iPhone Style
3 Great Labor Day (Holiday) iPhone Apps for Men
Labor Day Weekend is the last great three-day weekend of the year and a perfect chance to either take things low-key or hardcore. To many, it marks the end of summer, but we like to think of it as a holiday that’s intended for just that, to take some time off and savor. Whether you’re hosting a BBQ, heading out on a road trip, or find yourself at a bar we’ve rounded up three great iPhone apps for the Labor Day (or any holiday) weekend. Best part, it’ll only cost you $8 (and a subscription) if you want all three.
Weber Grilling App
This Labor Day, give your guests a reason to be glad they had tickets… to the grill show. Flex the (pork) chops and steaks with the absolute cornucopia of grilling information Weber have packed into the Weber’s On The Grill iPhone app. It’s got 250 triple tested recipes, 100+ expert grilling tips, instructional videos, and a convenient grocery list builder. You will be drinking after all.
Men’s Health Jimmy The Bartender App
The already famous Jimmy The Bartender series from Men’s Health is now available, to go with the new iPhone app. It’s essentially five apps:
- The Instant Wingman: a no-nonsense solution finder for approaching woman
- Jimmy’s Best Bars: a GPS enabled bar-finder to get you to Jimmy approved haunts and hangouts.
- The Barchives: archives to Jimmy’s answers on questions of women, family, friends, and money. Also how-to’s on essential bar knowledge like flagging the bartender.
- Shake It Up: Jimmy’s favorite cocktail recipes
- Eat This, Not That: Eat better pub grub
AT&T Navigator App
If you’re on of the millions driving this weekend do a Labor Day destination and don’t have a GPS already, then AT&T’s integrated GPS app for the iPhone might be the ticket. The latest version (1.2i) has integrated contacts and smoother controls in addition to the voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation, automatic reroute, and hotspot location (coffee, ATM, gas, etc). Maybe one device really can do it all.
Cost: Free + $10 Monthly Subscription