Hint: it involves flying fish roe
Montreal Meets New York, in a Bagel Shop
Multigrain Bagel with Cream Cheese
Ben’s Cream Cheese
Optional: Tobiko (flying fish roe)
1. Procure bagel
2. Apply cream cheese liberally
3. Optional: mix tobiko with cream cheese for a slightly briny taste and more texture.
Everything Bagel with Vegetables
Veggie cream cheese
1. Assemble ingredients
2. Serve with coffee.
FOR THE PRO
Beet Cured Lox
1 cup freshly grated horseradish
3 3/4 cups grated beet (about 3 medium beets)
1 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 pounds skin-on salmon filet
1 bunch dill
1 watermelon radish
1 handful of parsley
1. Grate beets and horseradish and mix together.
2. Mix salt and sugar, then spread generously on salmon filet.
3. Spread beet and horseradish mixture on top of that and scatter dill sprigs over the top.
4. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
5. When salmon feels firm (after about three days) remove toppings and discard.
6. Gently rinse filet of remaining salt and sugar and pat dry.
7. Slice very thinly and serve on a bagel with sliced radish, herbs and cream cheese.