Good morning. Ever wonder what NFL superstar (now MLB outfielder) Tim Tebow eats every day? Now we know: a shitload of avocados. In an interview with GQ, Tebow declared avocados an ideal alternative to sugar and carb-laden diets, and said they’re a crucial part of how he stays in tip-top athletic shape. Also part of his daily diet: a smoothie with spinach, lemon, ginger, cayenne, protein powder, sweetener, crushed ice and, of course, avocados. (Take notes, gladiator-physique hopefuls.)
• Here’s a reminder of yesterday’s gear news.
• Here are fresh deals you need to know about.
• Tune in tomorrow at 12 p.m. EST on Facebook Live — we’ve got some cool new stuff to show you.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Bored on a plane? With these carry-on essentials, flights will go by in a blink.
• These old-school leather bags will outlast your children’s children.
• Backcountry.com has a ton of awesome outdoor gear on sale right now.
• Only need one all-purpose watch? Pick one of these five.
• Motorcycles are cool. So are moto-inspired graphic tees.
• Here’s an easy and delicious Thai chicken soup recipe.
• For those who are impatiently waiting for Google’s Pixel XL, the Huawei Mate 9 is an excellent alternative.
• Want this briefing via email? Subscribe to the Gear Patrol Dispatch.
What’s New, Now
Lululemon Grind Down Short
How many pairs of gym shorts do you really need? Probably just one or two, as long as they look great, wick sweat and resist abrasion. These ones will do just fine.
The Top 5 Best-Sounding Porsches of All Time
The best sound bites you’ll hear all day.
Perch Colored Desk Set
Perch, a New York–based maker of fine desks and other workspace furniture, is offering three premium cardstock folders and a clear acrylic holder in one bundled set. ($12 cheaper than buying everything separately.)
Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Modern Lux
Chuck Taylors come in a dizzying number of variations, many of which are just meh. But these ones stand out. The silhouette positively oozes cosmopolitan cool. A premium leather upper and laces add a boot-like feel, a thick and sturdy outsole elevates you above city street grime. Truly a remarkable iteration of a sacred shoe design.
La Colombe Turkish Coffee Chocolate Bar
Now’s the Time to Save Money on Outdoor Gear
From travel bags to insulated jackets, now is the time to save money.
Next Page: Happy Hour Talking Points, One Thing to Watch and More