• GO FIGURE: Apple’s now-iconic earbuds, both a source of audio entertainment and unceasingly frustrating, seventh-circle-of-hell tangling issues (not to mention the current, wireless generation’s chic-meets-disembodied-and-easily-loseable-look), were inspired by everyone’s favorite faceless, stupidly evil soliders of the Star Wars-universe Galactic Empire: Stormtroopers. They were all terrible shots, but those outfits apparently looked good enough to stick into human ear canals.
• YOU MISSED IT: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• ANNOUNCEMENT: Follow along on Instagram tomorrow at 6pm to catch the reveal of a brand new Bollinger B1, live from Classic Car Club.
• MORE GEAR: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Molekule Air Purifier
Unlike current air purifiers that catch pollutants in filters, Molekule’s patented nanotechnology destroys pollutants instead of simply trapping them. This includes even those 1,000 times smaller than a HEPA filter can catch. Allergens, mold, bacteria, viruses, and airborne chemicals are completely destroyed, making the air you breathe healthy again.
Stabilicers Bean Traxx For L.L.Bean Boots
Bean boots are the gold standard of any tasteful-heritage-loving, foul weather-sufferer and now you can keep the look while keeping yourself upright on whatever winter throws your way.
Related Post: How L.L.Bean Makes Its Iconic Boots
Your Favorite Chef’s Steak Knives
Spotted by the New York Times at various restaurants, these steak knives are “favored by chefs” and are made available for purchase in “nine handle colors, five wood grains and carbon fiber.”
Banana Republic Goes Stretchy and Water-Resistant
BR just upped their chino game with a Rapid Movement collection that includes Lycra dual-FX material and a water-repellant coating.
Related Post: Chinos Are Your Denim Alternative
After Two Decades, Klipsch Brought Them Back
The iconic speaker hasn’t been in production for 21 years, but now it’s back — a three-way design, 12-inch woofers, titanium compression drivers and 15-inch rear-mounted bass radiators.
Related Post: Review: Klipsch Premiere HD Wireless
Bentley Continental GT Convertible Galene Edition
Named after the Greek goddess of calm seas, only 30 examples of this special edition yacht-racing-inspired convertible will be produced by Bentley’s in-house customization wing.
Find Your “New” Vintage Watch Via Gear Patrol
From the Gear Patrol Store: The Breitling Yachting 7650. Robust and dependable, this is the watch to choose for true yachting expeditions: legible, mechanically suited for the voyage, and strong enough to survive the onslaught of the sea.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on an H&M sale, a Triggerpoint foam roller and a Todd Shelton sale.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Why Are Beer Bars Switching to Stemware?
• These Limited Edition Red Wing Heritage Boots Are Straight Out of the ’50s
• The Affordable Four-Door Ferrari That You Will Both Love and Hate
• 5 iPhone Hacks That Will Save You Time
• Behind the Scenes at One of the Most Ambitious Brewing Projects in America
• Staff Picks: What Our Style Team Likes Right Now
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch