• TAKE THE CAKE: Yesterday was, apparently, National Cheesecake Day. And you didn’t celebrate, did you? It’s not too late. Eileen’s Special Cheesecake is uniformly in the top or second slot on all “best NYC cheesecakes” lists, and for good reason: they’ve been in business in SoHo for over forty years, ship cheesecakes all over the place and, frankly, they have great cheesecake.
• YOU MISSED IT: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• MORE GEAR: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Canon’s Best Point and Shoot Camera Is Even Better
Canon redesigned its top-end point and shoot and added a DIGIC 7 image processor to its long list of impressive features.
Playboy: The Complete Centerfolds, 1953-2016
Because a compendium of the Table of Contents wouldn’t be nearly as iconic or entertaining. [Updated: This Buy Now link has been updated to direct to Playboy’s online shop. From a Playboy rep: “Starting on Thursday, we’ll be releasing special edition signed Centerfold books signed by the Playmates.”]
Related: The Definitive Men’s Library
Beautiful Chinese Garden Tools
From industrial designer Gu Qi Gao, zinc-aluminum alloy gardening tools, each with a leather loop for hanging, that comes in a fabric tool roll.
Buy This Woolsey Shuffleboard Table and Invite Us Over
Screw cruise ships — bring the fun to your home, with an ultra-premium shuffleboard table with more details and high-quality materials to count.
Bruw’s Simple Cold Brew Kit Uses Mason Jars
A simple system of mason jars and special filters yields cold brew more easily than however you do it — buy the filters separately if you already have jars.
Life…LIFE…Give “Frank” the Motorcycle LIFE
A 2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 gave its life to the mad scientists at Classified Moto, who created this “beautifully ugly” bike, which features myriad components that might not normally go together, yet in this form seem pretty cohesive to us.
Related: A New Waxed Canvas Motorcycle Jacket as Functional as It Is Timeless
Search And State PJ-1 Packable Expedition Jacket
From the Gear Patrol Store: A packable, waterproof jacket with a helmet-friendy hood that’s meant for adventure as much as it is everyday wear.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on a Molekule air purifier, a pair of Fox mountain bike shorts and a Staub cast iron pan.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Found: 5 Lightly (and Tastefully) Modified German Sports Cars
• 9 Delicious IPAs You Can Buy at Your Local Grocery Store
• 10 Bottle Openers That Won’t Let You Down
• First Impressions: The Audi TT RS Is a Supercar at a Sports Car Price Point
• Augmented Reality Is Going to Change the Way You Buy Furniture
• Outdoor Retailer Summer 2017 Highlights: Day 2
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch