• DEAL WITH IT: We know what you’re thinking: it doesn’t have a “real” engine,” and electric cars are “golf carts and they look dumb and I hate change and fear the future.” Tesla’s Model 3 is a landmark in the timeline of the automobile. Tom Randall puts it succinctly in his great review for Bloomberg: “BMW and Mercedes should be concerned.”
• YOU MISSED IT: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• MORE GEAR: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Zodiac Super Seawolf Limited Edition
The Super Seawolf Limited Edition is a COSC-certified, 20ATM chronometer built for those who dive headfirst into new, dangerous, unfamiliar adventures. It features a stainless steel case, five-link bracelet, STP3-13 movement, unidirectional rotating bezel with a mineral top ring and a matte black dial with SuperLuminova hands and indexes. It’s hardy enough for the high seas, yet handsome enough for the boardroom.
Whittle Somethin’ Somethin’
“Whittling Professional” Chris Lubkemann penned this book to demonstrate to any hobbyists how to fashion 43 different projects using just a Swiss Army Knife.
Related Post: 4 EDC Knives You’ll Want Now
Badminton Legend, Meet Half-Pipe
The shoe we’ve loved for decades, now with skate-ready details like a suede upper, Ortholite liner, Nike’s Zoom airbag and more.
Related Post: Cozy Up With The Best Slipper For Men
Beautiful, In-Depth Travel Guides From The Pros
A book series that supports the philosophy of taking “travel beyond the obvious with adventures in exotic places and new perspectives in familiar ones.”
Related Post: The 25 Best Places to Travel in 2017
Aspirational Supervillains, Take Note
As if the Flying Spur V8 S weren’t already baller as all hell, now it’s essentially a Batmobile.
Take Your Office With You
Outdo that guy who frumps down on the dirty terminal floor and tries to set up a makeshift office.
Related Post: How 6 GP Writers Pack When We Travel
Sanborn FJ45 Adventure Tee
From the Gear Patrol Store: Some people wear their hearts on their sleeves. You should wear a really awesome vintage overlander on yours.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on a Ledbury sale, a Bose bluetooth speaker and a Pelican cooler.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• If You Love Driving, This Is the Only Car You’ll Ever Need
• This Guy Is Making the Most Beautiful Mountain Bikes Available
• The 3 Best Desks for Small Spaces
• Finally, You Can Use Your Wristwatch to Put Ikea Furniture Together
• The Best-Selling Ice Cream in the Country Isn’t What You Think It Is
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
(The Question Goes Unanswered.)