• HE’S BACK: David Letterman is coming out of retirement to star in a new Netflix series. The show, which will debut next year, will apparently combine interviews with prominent public figures and “in-the-field segments expressing [Letterman’s] curiosity and humor.”
• YOU MISSED IT: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• MORE GEAR: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Never Lose Your Keys Again
Tile Pro Series: A GPS tracker no bigger than a few postage stamps, now with twice the Bluetooth range and signal loudness.
Related Post: Ditching GPS for a Topo Map and Compass
From the Brilliant Creative Mind Behind ‘Afghan Girl’
Steve McCurry: Afghanistan: Even if you don’t recognize his name, you’ve likely seen his work. McCurry is among the most revered photographers in history. (Peruse his Instagram and you’ll see why.)
Related Post: Wanna Be a Better Photographer? Start Here
Do Car Buffs Dream of Topless Jeeps?
1961 Jeep CJ5: Too beautiful for its own good.
Related Post: An Early Look at the Next Generation Jeep Wrangler
Sometimes, Ordinary Coal Fires Simply Won’t Do
Hub Grill: Perhaps the most advanced rotisserie cooker ever designed.
Related Post: 9 Grills at Every Budget
Wim Frozen Yogurt Machine: Frozen yogurt, as quick and easy as a coffee pod machine.
Shinola Bookshelf Speakers
From the Gear Patrol Store: Handcrafted from the ground up by Alex Rosson and the Shinola Audio team, Shinola’s Bookshelf Speakers are optimized for the Runwell Turntable — a perfect pairing.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on summer styles from Nau Clothing, an Anker power bank and Backcountry’s semi-annual sale.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• We’ve launched our first field guide, a handy and handsome way to navigate product niches.
• Is Twitter taking over your life? Here’s how to keep everything organized.
• Find yourself some slip-ons that are more stylish than the rubber ones.
• Here are four watch brands you may have forgotten about.
• Read our interview with Gen Arai of Goldwin, a historic Japanese outerwear brand.
• Also, Apple finally has an Instagram account.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Coming September 15