• What Is Your Opposite Job? The New York Times has compiled records from the U.S. Labor Department to create an intriguing database of polar opposite professions. Try it out for yourself, and see how a news editor is supposedly the opposite of a model.
• You Missed It: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• Announcement: We’ll be broadcasting live on Facebook tomorrow at 12 p.m. EST from Billykirk’s leather workshop. Pop in to ask founders Chris and Kirk Bray give expert tips for organizing your desk and valet tray.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
A Speaker Collab That Just Makes Sense
The Capitol One Special Edition Speaker by Klipsch: No, not the credit card company — Capitol Records, the iconic record company that shaped modern music as we know it.
Related Post: Sonos Isn’t the Only Great Multi-Room Speaker System
Chilly Fall Rain Is Almost Here. Wear This
Club Monaco Mac Jacket: Simple and heritage-inspired, as all stylish raincoats should be.
Related Post: This Rain Jacket from Norrøna Is Your New Best Friend
The Best Reason to Finally Convert to Cider
CidrBox New York State Cider Subscription: Good craft cider is hard to come by these days. For that, there’s CidrBox, a subscription service that drops a new bottle on your doorstep every month.
Related Post: Ryan Burk Is on a Mission to Save American Cider
Light Fires and Zap Bad Guys
Power Practical Sparkr Flashlight and Lighter: On one end, an ordinary flashlight; on the other, a plasma lighter.
Related Post: The 8 Best Headlamps for Any Adventure
Clarks Makes a Lot More Than Just Desert Boots
Clarks Trigenic Evo Sneaker: A subtle upgrade of Clarks’ most forward-thinking shoe.
A Cosmic Event, Now Up for Auction
1967 International Harvester Scout 800: Call it a comet car. It only appears once every thousand years.
Related Post: An Early Look at the Next Generation Jeep Wrangler
Aer Duffel Pack 2
From the Gear Patrol Store: The Duffel Pack 2 is a hybrid backpack for the gym and office. It features separate compartments for your gym essentials and work tools to keep you organized throughout the day. Go from the gym to the office and never look out of place.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on a Backcountry sale, Twelve South Apple cases, styles from Patagonia and an OutPost giveaway.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
•Catch us in our Mobile Gear Lab this weekend at the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival.
• Did you know you can play Xbox One games on your laptop?
• If you listen to Spotify on a regular basis, you’ll want to know these six tips.
• Surf Break Japan is our series on how pro surfers see the world. Our second installment is out now.
• With a little bit of magic, you can get your TV to turn on with your Chromecast.
• These are the six most powerful sedans you can buy right now.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Streetcars Are the Future