• Put Water in Your Whiskey: Do you add a splash to your good stuff? The Washington Post explores whether or not you should — with science.
• You Missed It: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Chinos as Cool as Your Favorite Jeans
DSTLD Selvedge Chinos: Many swear by selvedge denim for its exceptional softness and worn-in comfort. You can get the same thing in chinos, too.
If You’re Going to Race Against the Clock, Use This One
Autodromo Group B Silver Dial: Weighing only 52 grams, the Group B is Autodromo’s lightest watch ever produced.
Give Your Gaming Mahine a Vintage Look
PlayStation 4 Pro Slim Cover: Everything is made better with wood paneling. (Except station wagons, maybe.)
Clear Spirits from Whiskey Epxerts
Nikka Coffey Gin and Vodka: Available this September in extremely limited quantities.
Make Your Precious Watch Look Even Better
Chester Mox 20mm NATO Watch Strap: A true classic.
One Music Player To Control Them All
Harmony Music Player: Because Spotify’s UI is not for everyone.
Aer Gym Duffel 2
From the Gear Patrol Store: The Gym Duffel 2 offers spacious, ventilated storage for all your gym gear. The multiple compartments offer smart organization and its refined style keeps you looking sharp before and after your workout.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on an Arc’teryx duffel, a MacBook Pro and Ralph Lauren apparel.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Our Outdoors writers covet these three knives. One of them is very illegal.
• The hotly anticipated Essential Phone is finally available for purchase.
• Feast your eyes on these leaked images of the new BMW Z4 concept.
• Apple made some ugly one-off sneakers back in the ’90s. Now they’re worth over $10,000.
• McIntosh just released a new CD player. As you’d expect, it’s absurdly powerful.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
A Message from the Past