• Let’sa Go! Mario has officially retired from his 36-year-long career as everyone’s favorite video game plumber. On Nintendo’s flagship Japanese website, Mario’s character profile has been updated to describe him as “[all] around sporty, whether it’s tennis or baseball, soccer or car racing, he [Mario] does everything cool. As a matter of fact, he also seems to have worked as a plumber a long time ago…”
• You Missed It: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Cordura + Carhartt
Carhartt and CORDURA® first teamed up in 1998. Back then, Carhartt was looking for a way to make its hard-wearing, all-American workwear even more hardy, and thus the Extremes line was born: a selection of CORDURA-infused garments, built for the harshest environments on Earth. Now, in celebration of CORDURA’s 50th anniversary and of the two companies’ longstanding relationship, Carhartt and CORDURA have introduced a special version of Carhartt’s 100-year-old classic Chore Coat, made with a limited-edition, camo Black Multicam® CORDURA fabric. Watch the latest episode of the brands’ “Meet the Maker” series after the jump.
BMC Speedfox AMP
Electric mountain bikes continue to surprise us. BMC’s latest is sure to convert even the most orthodox riders. It has a mountain-specific Shimano E-8000 drive, a powerful battery housed in the downtube, a carbon rear triangle and more.
Zodiac Titanium Super Sea Wolf 53
An iconic dive watch imbued with a more adventurous spirit, with help from Huckberry.
Killspencer Utility Weekender
Killspencer’s best-selling Weekender duffel is now more capable than ever before, with water-resistant zippers and an external compartment for quick-access essentials.
Beats By Dre Studio3 Wireless
Beats By Dre’s most advanced headphone to date. It sounds better, feels more comfortable, isolates outside noise more effectively and stays charged twice as long as its predecessor.
Macallan Edition No. 3
Crafted with the help of Roja Dove, one of the world’s leading perfumers. Its scents and flavors include vanilla, fruit cake, citrus, dark chocolate and burnished oak.
Twelve South Fermata Headphone Charging Stand
From the Gear Patrol Store: Meet Fermata, an elegant aluminum stand that not only holds and showcases your premium headphones, but also serves as a full charging station that keeps you powered up. Set your headphones atop the stand’s buttery-soft leather saddle and connect the integrated charging cable to power up your headphones for your next work day or business trip. The functionality continues with an in-base, additional USB port to charge your iPhone or iPad. Now you can have all of your recharging needs housed in one beautiful stand.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on a Coleman portable grill, Danner boots and an Outerknown jacket.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Wireless multi-room speakers are the future of home audio. Here are the best ones to buy now.
• You wouldn’t secure your precious bike with some sub-par lock, would you? Get one you can rely on.
• Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 8 doesn’t have to prove shit.
• Keurig’s newest coffee maker actually makes proper drip coffee.
• The TSA is auctioning off a ton of confiscated knives and multi-tools.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Germany’s Got Talent