• Brace Yourselves, Apple Fans: Next Tuesday, at Apple’s gleaming new “Mothership” headquarters in Cupertino, California, the iPhone 8 will meet the world. Here’s what to expect, and here’s what Gear Patrol readers are hoping to see.
• You Missed It: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Frye George Lug Brogue Lace Up
The word classic applies to many shoes: loafers, plimsolls, Chelsea boots, and so on. But none so much as the Brogue. It’s been an essential style piece since it was first invented in sixteenth-century Scotland. Frye’s George Lug Brogue Lace Up carries the Brogue’s timelessness even further, elevating it — literally and figuratively — into a rugged boot. The Horween leather upper is brushed by hand to affect a worn-in patina, while a solid rubber lug provides a hardiness you won’t find in traditional Brogues.
Highland Park Magnus
Highland Park’s newest expression is an homage to its founder, Magnus Eunson, who founded the distillery in 1798. It is matured in American oak sherry-seasoned and bourbon casks, and has smokey, long-finish notes of sweet vanilla and citrus peel.
Grovemade Desk Shelf System
Handmade in Portland, Oregon, with the finest materials: walnut, pine, leather, aluminum and merino wool. The full system includes a shelf, pad, laptop stand, and tray; you can also buy them individually.
Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition
It’s the end of an era — not just for the Panigale, but for Ducati. The longstanding L-Twin engine in the 1299 Panigale R is going to be replaced by an all-new MotoGP inspired V4 power plant. Why not celebrate the changing of the guard? – Bryan Campbell, Staff Writer
Fujifilm X-E3 Rangefinder-Style Ultra-Compact Mirrorless Camera
Fujifilm somehow managed to squeeze its most powerful sensor into this ridiculously tiny body. Don’t even bother with Fujifilm’s X-Pro2, which released about a year ago; the X-E3 is basically just as powerful, but smaller.
Braun x Dezeen BN0031 Watch
Braun teamed up with Dezeen, a renowned design and architecture publication, to produce this highly limited-edition watch. Only 250 will be made.
Gear Patrol Magazine: Issue Four
From the Gear Patrol Store: It’s easy to forget the perks of home until you leave it. We know because we’ve put in the miles, dog sledding through Sweden’s frozen Norrland to test down parkas and borrowing million-dollar Porsche supercars to hot lap the Nürburgring. And that was just in issue three. That’s why, for our fourth and latest issue of Gear Patrol magazine, we decided to stay local — at least by our standards — and bring some much-needed attention to our own backyard, a.k.a. the United States.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to win a fall outfit from Mott and Bow and save on a Patagonia jacket and an Izola beach towel.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• A new style collection from Mr. Porter celebrates the upcoming film Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle. And it’s anything but gimmicky.
• Here’s why you should actually consider buying a $1,000 turntable.
• The new Ford Ranger pickup is getting the Raptor treatment, and that’s very good news for adrenaline junkies.
• Up your EDC arsenal with one of these fantastic, pocketable folding knives.
• Junghans’ new chronograph nails aviator style.
• Everlane’s now sells denim for less than $70. And just like all Everlane products, they are still wonderfully sustainable.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Hurricane Irma 101
Follow Gear Patrol On Instagram:
Lots to Like
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Snapchat | Daily Email