Comfortable, Packable, Versatile
This Is My Favorite Travel Sneaker (And It’s On Sale for 25% Off)
The Apollo Moc from Vancouver-based shoemaker Native is the perfect casual travel sneaker, especially for warmer destinations. For years, I’ve packed a pair with me on nearly every trip that didn’t involve snow-covered streets. Here’s why they work so well:
1. The shoe’s perforated one-piece microfiber upper is extremely easy to slip in and out of at security screenings or while seated on the plane, relaxing.
2. They’re incredibly lightweight, and the upper also packs down flat to the sneaker’s EVA sole, saving tons of a bag space.
3. They’re comfortable enough to handle miles of walking, with or without socks — though I definitely wouldn’t recommend them for active pursuits like running.
4. The perforations make the shoe breathable even in hot weather. They also dry incredibly fast. The combo makes it a particularly useful sneaker for walking around beach towns.
5. The modern yet minimal aesthetic looks clean but doesn’t garner a ton of attention, meaning you can wear them even with slightly dressier outfits in a pinch.
6. The microfiber material cleans well with just a damp wipe-down.
7. They are surprisingly durable. I’ve worn several pairs heavily and they’ve lasted years.
8. Native offers them in a variety of classic neutral colors like black, navy and gray, all of which look good with just about everything.
At a normal retail price of $75, they’re also fairly affordable compared to options from bigger brand names in sportswear. Right now, Huckberry is selling select colorways for a great price of $50, making the shoes an even better value proposition. Looking for something better prepared for winter? Native also offers a Chukka Hydro boot that’s ready for bad weather and it’s also on sale right now for over 50% off.| |