Comfortable, Packable, Versatile
This Is My Favorite Travel Sneaker (And It’s On Sale Today)
The Apollo Moc from Vancouver-based shoemaker Native is the perfect casual travel sneaker, especially for warmer destinations. For years, I’ve packed a pair with me on nearly every trip that didn’t involve snow-covered streets. Here’s why they work so well:
1. The shoe’s perforated one-piece microfiber upper is extremely easy to slip in and out of at security screenings or while seated on the plane, relaxing.
2. They’re incredibly lightweight, and the upper also packs down flat to the sneaker’s EVA sole, saving tons of a bag space.
3. They’re comfortable enough to handle miles of walking, with or without socks — though I definitely wouldn’t recommend them for active pursuits like running.
4. The perforations make the shoe breathable even in hot weather. They also dry incredibly fast. The combo makes it a particularly useful sneaker for walking around beach towns.
5. The modern yet minimal aesthetic looks clean but doesn’t garner a ton of attention, meaning you can wear them even with slightly dressier outfits in a pinch.
6. The microfiber material cleans well with just a damp wipe-down.
7. They are surprisingly durable. I’ve worn several pairs heavily and they’ve lasted years.
8. Native offers them in a variety of classic neutral colors like black, navy and gray, all of which look good with just about everything.
They’re also fairly affordable compared to options from bigger brand names in sportswear — the Apollo Moc normally retails for $75. Right now, you can score a black pair of Apollos at Zappos right now for $45. Huckberry, however, is selling all four colorways of the shoe for $60.| | |
Deals, discounts and drops on products you actually care about and want. Curated by the Gear Patrol Editors. Start Saving