FOR THE ANGLOPHILES
Barbour Modified a Vintage Range Rover, and It Could Be Yours
Purchasing products through our links may earn us a portion of the sale, which supports our editorial team’s mission. Learn more here.
Barbour is known worldwide for luxurious waxed cloth jackets that are high-fashion, functional in all weather, and quintessentially English. Now the company is partnering with Orvis to celebrate its 125th anniversary by giving away a car that embodies those same characteristics, a vintage Range Rover.
The SUV in question is a 1995 Range Rover County. It certainly looks the part. The exterior is painted in classic Land Rover Epsom Green. The interior offers exceptional Barbour tartan detailing on the seats and door panels. Barbour and Orvis claim this model would be worth $125,000, on par with an artfully restored Defender.
Normally, one might consider a 1995 Range Rover cruel and unusual punishment to inflict on someone. That Range Rover generation, while beautiful, is legendary for its frequent and costly mechanical and electrical failures. But Barbour and Orvis assert this model has been “carefully refurbished with parts and modern technologies by a highly-skilled and dedicated team.” The Range Rover also has a new 4.6-liter V8.
Legal U.S. residents can enter the sweepstakes online, in-store, and by mail through March 31, 2020. Other prizes include men’s and women’s Barbour jackets and Orvis gift cards.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $168 on the Penfield Schoening Fleece Jacket
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $54 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/16/19