CHECK OUT THAT LEATHER
This Gorgeous Land Rover Defender Is Ready For Adventure
Arkonik produces stunning Land Rover Defender restorations for the North American market. Earlier this year, we saw the brand’s ultimate beach-cruising Defender, the SoCal D90. This week, Arkonik unveiled a new build that’s more appropriate for fall, the Switchback D110.
The truck is a 1992 Defender D110, which is the four-door version of the Defender with a longer wheelbase. Arkonik painted it “Chawton White” with copper accents. The power unit is the Land Rover 200Tdi turbo diesel engine (Arkonik can also do Chevy 6.2-liter LS3 V8 swaps) with a five-speed manual transmission. This Defender offers seating for four with modular heated seats.
Distinctive features of this build include the interior, which is finished in a sumptuous Ruskin vintage thatch leather. It also has a FrontRunner Slimline II roof rack with a rear ladder.
As one would suspect, exquisite frame-off restoration work on perhaps the most popular vintage off-roader does not come cheap. Arkonik estimates this custom build would cost about $190,000 to recreate. The lead time for an Arkonik build is 16 to 18 months, and it costs a little over $10,000 to import.
But the builds do come with a six-month, bumper-to-bumper warranty. So they’ve got that going for them, which is nice.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $55 on an Au Sabot Le Thiers Knife
• Save $55 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/17/19