REI Is Closed on Black Friday but Is Having an Awesome Sale Now
This deal expired 11/25/2019 at 11:59pm Pacific Time. REI’s Cyber Week Sale is now offering up to 50% off though here. And there are plenty of other outdoor Black Friday deals already running.
- Up to 60 percent off at Huckberry
- Savings from Black Diamond
- 25 percent off Camelbak hydration packs and vacuum stainless bottles
- 25 percent off everything from L.L. Bean
- Up to 50 percent off from Backcountry
- 30 percent off everything from Outerknown
- 25 percent off winter gear at Mountain Hardwear
- 25 percent off almost everything at Vasque
- Up to 40 perecent off select gear at Topo Designs
- Free gifts when you spend a certain amount at Cotopaxi
For the fifth year in a row, REI is continuing its Black Friday tradition of shuttering its stores and placing a halt on online orders. Instead, the outdoor gear retailer encourages shoppers to #OptOutside — to forego the shopping holiday entirely and do something fun outdoors. This year, REI is upping the ante with its Opt to Act initiative, which encourages would-be deal-seekers to participate in organized cleanups or create their own. (REI even teamed up with United by Blue to create a nifty and affordable DIY Cleanup Kit.)
However, there is still a way to get a discount on outdoor gear from REI; you just have to think ahead. Right now, the retailer is offering its members 20 percent off one full-priced item by entering the code GEARUP2019 at checkout. The code also works for an additional 20 percent off already discounted items on REI’s Outlet website.
The discount might not seem like the stampede-inducing doorbuster you’re used to at this time of year but is notable in that you can apply it to brand-new items that likely won’t go on sale for months to come. For example: The North Face’s innovative new ski jacket, Leatherman’s new magnetic multi-tools or one of the best down jackets available.
Our cheat sheet to Black Friday and Cyber Monday has all the info you need to get the best deals without the hassle. Read the Story