The best training partner is one who keeps pace with your hard-driving workout, motivates you and, ideally, helps you forget how out of shape you really are. We’re talking about music here, and good tunes require great-sounding headphones that can hang on through a serious sweat and survive routine punishment. Plenty of companies make rugged, water-resistant, sweatproof headphones that sound like crap, and even more make rich-sounding, high-fidelity models that don’t stand up to exercise. We sampled the sonic spectrum, putting dozens of headphones through their paces on long runs, bike rides and bodyweight exercises to find 10 that sound great and keep pace.
Bounding and Booming
Sound and Fury: The Best Sports Headphones
Editor’s Note: With a new year comes new options. We’ve updated our list of the best sport headphones with several new options launched in 2015 and updated prices on older offerings that are now an even better deal than before.
- Deals of Note: Save on a Chambray Shirt, Marble Kitchen Accessories & More
- A Guide to Better Home Security Cameras
- Can Made-to-Measure Suiting Be Reasonably Priced?
- It's Time You Finally Started Cooking on a Smoker
- 'Thrones' Is Over — Here's How to Fill That Westeros-Sized Void
- Gifts Your Groomsmen Will Actually Want