SCA's Stamp of Approval
These Are the Only Coffee Makers You Should Buy, Say the World’s Most Rigorous Testers
The Specialty Coffee Association’s (SCA) holy list of certified coffee brewers has been updated.
Easily the most rigorous third-party testing program for coffee makers, the SCA’s brutal inspection and testing standards now certifies ultra-high performance in 28 different brewers — a five brewer increase since early this year, but still a small count relative to the number of drip coffee brewers out there.
What’s new? Three new brands got their first brewers on the list. Brim’s 8-Cup Pour-Over Brewer ($150) introduces a Chemex-like carafe and the first-ever SCA-approved brewer with a permanent mesh filter. Braun, a company more associated with electric razors than coffee brewing, had two versions of the same brewer make the cut — the MultiServe ($200) is a bulky, button-covered machine that, apart than quick pots of good coffee, offers options for brewing directly over ice, single-cup brewing and a handy cleaning cycle feature. Lastly, blender-famous brand Ninja released a brewer ($150) with similar features to Braun’s brewer, including single-cup brewing and a function specifically for brewing over ice.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $168 on the Penfield Schoening Fleece Jacket
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $54 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/16/19