Weiss Titanium American Issue
This Mechanical Watch Is Inspired by the Aerospace Industry
Weiss is an American watch manufacturer based in California, whose wares are based on classic field watch designs. Their latest is an ultralight version of their American Issue Field Watch that utilizes a 42mm grade 5 titanium case and a manually wound, Weiss Cal. 1003 movement constructed of 7075 aluminum, an alloy typically used in aircraft fuselages, and featuring a matte black anodized finish. Weiss is evidently the first company in the watchmaking industry to utilize 7075 aluminum, and its pairing with the Grade 5 titanium case makes for a light, technical timepiece.
The new LE also features a dark blue dial machined from naval brass, a sapphire crystal, exhibition case back and 100m of water resistance. Limited to 100 pieces, it ships on a 20mm tan Horween leather strap with an 18mm stainless steel buckle and is available exclusively online at a price of $2,800. While previous editions of the 42mm Weiss field watches were available in steel in limited qualities, as of now this means that the two metal choices in this size are titanium/aluminum and yellow gold. So if you’re looking for a steel Weiss, you’ll have to check out their 38mm sizes.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $110 on Technivorm Moccamaster CDG Coffee Maker
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $55 on a Au Sabot Le Thiers knife
• Save $55 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/18/19